Thursday, May 15, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness

I decided to talk about "Random Acts of Kindness" because it happened to me today. I usually do a coffee run to Tim's each morning and as usual, I picked up a coffee for my husband and I and when I arrived at the window to pay I was informed that the woman in front of me had paid for my order. I was pleasantly shocked and left the window with a huge smile that I could not remove from my face for the rest of the morning. Such a small act with such a huge impact. It immediately inspired me to want to do the same for someone else - they say kindness is contagious. It really got me thinking of how much better our world would be if everyone did one act of kindness everyday.

Here are some incredible quotes about kindness:

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give" ~Winston Churchill

"One of the most beautiful compensations in life is that no man can help another without helping himself" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"To the world you may be just one person... but to one person you might just be the world" ~Mark Twain

"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness" ~Seneca

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" ~James Barrie

"You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you" ~Ruth Smeltzer

"May you remember that love flows best when it flows freely, and it is in giving that we receive the greatest gift" ~Kate Nowak

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around" ~Leo Buscaglia

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Ghandi

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" ~Mark Twain

Paying it Forward Video: How Kindness is Contagious!


















No comments:

Post a Comment